Though MBA programs end, the fellowship and networking continue! Stay connected to the ministry, resources, and upcoming events by subscribing to our monthly alumni newsletter.
Christian MBA Alumni Network
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship’s MBA Ministry launched the first Christian MBA Alumni Network in 2020. The vision of the Network is:
- To enable the flourishing of alumni
- To encourage alumni to help their companies, communities, and local campuses flourish
This vision is partly based on Jeremiah 29:7 – “Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”
Our Christian MBA Alumni Network, our Christian MBA LinkedIn Group, and our events are open (many are free) to any believer who has earned an MBA, whether or not participation in an InterVarsity event occurred. Feel free to invite your friends and colleagues to join!
Christian MBA Alumni Network
Stay connected! Join our Christian MBA Alumni Network email list to learn about future events, opportunities, and resources. To date, more than 2,000 alumni are on the list. Don’t worry – we don’t fill your inbox.
Network with fellow Christian MBAs and gain all the benefits of LinkedIn when you join our Christian MBA LinkedIn Group.
Speaker Series Events
We are honored to be able to provide a great lineup of speakers throughout the year. Each of our lively Zoom Speaker Series meetings begin at 7:00 pm CT and includes a 15-minute meet ‘n greet at 6:45 pm CT and a 30-minute networking opportunity. We offer these opportunities to learn from giants in business and faith at no cost and encourage you to invite your friends and colleagues. Speaker Series meetings are NOT recorded to offer the speakers complete freedom to share openly so please save the date and attend.
Past speakers include C-suite execs from Deloitte, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, Washington Commanders Football Team, Korn Ferry, Praxis Labs, Goodwill, Northern Trust, and thought leaders including Dave Evans, Andy Crouch, and Ken Eldred, to name a few. See a more comprehensive list of Past Speakers below.
Virtual Book Study
Meet to explore books authored by our speakers from the Speaker Series. Register to get your studymate names and decide when works best for your group to meet – most groups meet virtually. Attendance at the Speaker Series event is not required.
In-Person Social Gatherings
Leadership teams in three major cities offer more great opportunities to connect with other Christian MBA alumni in your area! Our teams in Chicago, Dallas, and the San Francisco Bay Area are working on new social gatherings throughout the year. Join our Christian MBA Alumni Network email list to learn about future events or email us: [email protected] to be connected directly with area leaders.
Virtual and In-Person Events
Join us for additional opportunities to network, learn, and walk your faith. We curate events with you in mind and are happy to provide discount codes for events held by our ministry partners.
If you don’t want to miss out on these great opportunities, we encourage you to connect with @MBAMinistry on Instagram, Facebook, and/or Twitter.
We are proud of and extremely thankful for the robust lineup of virtual and in-person events we are able to offer each year!
2023 Events Completed
- Speaker Series: The Antidote to Polarization, Jonathan Reckford – Habitat for Humanity, Jan 2023
- Speaker Series: Being a Believer in Business, Deb Liu – Ancestry.com, Feb 2023
- Conference: Believer’s in Business ’23: Audacious Hope (In-person), Feb 2023
- Virtual Book Study: “Take Back Your Power,” Spring 2023
- Fireside Chat with Cathie Wood, CEO/CIO of Ark Investment, Management LLC, April 2023
- Speaker Series: “The Spiritual Art of Business”, Barry Rowan- Fall 2023
2022 Events Completed
- Speaker Series: Serving vs Leading, Cheryl Bachelder – Former Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen CEO, Jan 2022
- Conference: Believer’s in Business ’22: Our Strength in Christ’s Surrender (In-person), Feb 2022
- MBA Alumni In-Person Event: Kick Off Happy Hour, Dallas, TX, Mar 2022
- MBA Alumni In-Person Event: Chicago, IL, Apr 2022
- Speaker Series: The Life We’re Looking For, Andy Crouch – Praxis Labs Partner, Apr 2022
- Virtual Book Study: “The Life We’re Looking For.” Spring 2022
- MBA Alumni In-Person Events: Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area, Jul 2022
- Faith Driven Entrepreneur & Faith Driven Investor Conference Discount, Sep 2022
- MBA Alumni In-Person Events: Chicago & Dallas, Oct 2022
- MBA Alumni In-Person Events: Chicago, Dallas & San Francisco, Nov 2022
- Speaker Series: The Integrated Life, Ken Eldred – Founder, Living Stones Foundation, Nov 2022
- Virtual Book Study: “The Integrated Life,” Fall 2022
- State of the Ministry Address, Mark Washington, Dec 2022
- Quarterly eNewsletters
2021 Events Completed
- GFM Evangelism Course, Jan-Feb 2021
- Speaker Series: Leadership in Crisis with Steve Preston – Goodwill Industries, Feb 2021
- Conference: Believers in Business (Virtual), Feb 2021
- Virtual Book Study: “Discover Joy in Work Book Club” with Shundrawn Thomas – Northern Trust, Mar 2021
- Redemptive Entrepreneurship Panel, May 2021
- Virtual Book Study: “Rare Leadership in the Work Place,” Summer 2021
- Conference: Faith Driven Entrepreneur & Faith Driven Investor In-person Watch Parties, Sep 2021
- Conference: Faith Driven Entrepreneur & Faith Driven Investor Virtual Networking After Parties, Sep 2021
- Speaker Series: The Emotionally Healther Leader with Dr. Atasha Jordan, MD/MBA, Sep 2021
- Speaker Series: Designing Your Post Covid Work Life, Dave Evans, Oct 2021
- MBA Alumni In-Person Event: Kick Off Happy Hour, Chicago, IL, Oct 2021
- Virtual Book Study: “Designing Your New Work Life,” Nov 2021
- MBA Alumni In-Person Event: SF Bay Area Kick Off Happy Hour, Nov 2021
- MBA Alumni In-Person Event: SF Bay Area Hike and Refreshments, Nov 2021
- Speaker Series: Leadership for the Long-Haul, Pete Shimer – Deloitte US, Nov 2021
- State of the Ministry Address, Mark Washington, Dec 2021
- Quarterly eNewsletters
Our Inaugural Year
Since our inception in 2020, we have already seen great spiritual and professional growth, including new jobs and co-founders secured. In response to the pandemic and a large-scale survey, our initial launch was virtual and included seven events:
- Designing Your Work Life in Light of COVID-19 with Dave Evans speaking and almost 100 participants.
- A follow up virtual book study for the Designing Your Life and Designing Your Work Life books by Dave Evans and Bill Burnett.
- Four industry focused events with panels and networking time: Tech, Finance, Entrepreneurship, and General Management/Consulting, with 140 participants.
- A Job Seeker’s Forum and Networking event featuring Torrey Foster, an executive with Korn Ferry (a talent search firm).
- In partnership with Faith Driven Investor and Faith Driven Entrepreneur, we provided free passes to their annual conferences.
- A Journey of Generosity (JOG) retreat which taught biblical principles of generosity in partnership with Generous Giving.
- A State of the Ministry event recapping all the wonderful fruit that God bore in 2020 in spite of the tragedies in the global pandemic, economic disruptions, and racial justice.